Dynamic Imaging Component
Creating, posting and reusing web images is a tedious and time-consuming task which generally involves creating multiple low-resolution derivative images from high-resolution originals. UrlImage offers a much more efficient way to publish and manage images, dramatically reducing the time and cost of building and maintaining web sites.
UrlImage works with Microsoft Internet Information Server to process and serve images dynamically from single source (usually high-resolution) image files. Since images are processed in real-time, this eliminates the need for derivative image creation and allows for much faster and more flexible web development. Sophisticated caching ensures that derivative images are only generated when necessary.
With UrlImage, dynamic images are indicated by appending a simple query string to the image URL.
For example, an image can be resized to a width of 300 pixels and sharpened simply by appending "?width=300&sharpen=.4" to the URL:
UrlImage provides query string parameters to resize, flip, rotate, crop, add borders, sharpen, and adjust colors.
UrlImage supports source image files in JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP, ICO, EMF and WMF formats. UrlImage can serve images in JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, and BMP formats.
- High-quality image processing
- High-performance image caching in memory
- Based on industry standard protocols
- Smart resizing and thumbnail generation
- Flipping and rotation at arbitrary angles
- Color adjustment using RGB and HSB color models
- Transparency, alpha channel and alpha blending support
- Adjustable sharpening and blur
- Variable JPEG compression
- High-quality GIF quantization
- Windows Server 2012/2008/2003, Windows 8/7/Vista
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5