XRT is a family of Unix/Linux Motif widgets, the most complete and versatile set of Motif interface components available. Save the time and effort involved in creating components from scratch. Built by Motif experts for Motif experts, XRT products are flexible and easy to use. XRT is widely used in fields such as business, science, engineering and medicine. Thousands of applications have been built with XRT by Motif developers in many countries.
- Easy to use
- Directly programmed through resources and/or resource files
- Uses the same API as standard Motif widgets
- Low cost (no run-time fees or royalties for distribution with your end-user applications)
- Fully interactive
- Integrates with popular GUI Builder tools
- Free 15 day Trial
The complete family of XRT products is available in the Professional Development Suite (PDS). Products are also available separately. The XRT family includes:
- XRT/table - essential multi-purpose widget to display and edit lists, tables and forms
- XRT/graph - powerful 2D charting and graphing widget
- XRT/3d - powerful dynamic 3D graphing widget
- XRT/field - collection of widgets used to create versatile data-entry forms
- XRT/gear - essential collection of add-on widgets and utilities
- XRT/gauge - collection of dials and gauge widgets
- XRT/pageformatter - object-oriented printing engine
- MVC software - Model View/Controller software you can optionally install for XRT/graph, XRT/table or XRT/3d to easily create multiple dynamic views of a single set of data
- Documentation - 1,200 pages of high quality printed documentation, plus pdfs
Extension of Object-Oriented Motif
Based on the open object-oriented architecture used by the Xt Intrinsics and OSF/Motif, XRT fits seamlessly into your X Window development environment. XRT supports development using ANSI C, K&R C, and C++.
Graphs and tables do not just display data. End-users can manipulate data interactively using rotating, zooming, drag & drop functions and feedback routines. You can create real interactive interfaces with XRT.
XRT widgets output Encapsulated PostScript (EPSF). XRT widgets include sample source code to demonstrate printing, making it easy add printing support in your applications.
Many demo programs and sample program are provided, in binary and source code format.
License and Runtime Fees
No royalty or runtime fees are required for applications created using XRT widgets. XRT is available as a single or network license. The single license can be used on one development machine as identified by its CPUID. A network license can be used on multiple machines which are connected to a licensed server, which is identified by its CPUID. All machines using the XRT network license must be of the same architecture and be located in the same building.
Combining XRT Widgets
XRT widgets can be used on their own or together. Some demo programs are provided which show how XRT widgets can be used together.
Integration with GUI Builders
XRT widgets can be used with popular Motif GUI builders such as UIM/X, Builder Xcessory, X-Designer, Visual WorkShop and TeleUSE.
All XRT products are compatible with Motif versions 1.2, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2, and X11R5 or X11R6 Servers. Each XRT product requires 15-90MB disk space. XRT PDS requires 70-230MB disk space.